Sunday, October 28, 2012

Different Dimensions World of Warcraft Collection

Hi everyone!  I haven't posted lately because I've been busy ignoring everything and playing World of Warcraft, or WoW for the other lady gamers out there.  Recently a new expansion came out for WoW, and even though I told myself I wouldn't play it, I eventually caved like every other WoW player out there.  So I suppose it's only fitting that I have the World of Warcraft collection from Different Dimensions to show you.

DD's WoW Collection was sold as a set of 5 polishes for a limited time just before the expansion came out, so I obviously had to get it.  I have bottle shots and nail wheel swatches of all the polishes, but the bulk of the post will be about a mani I did with one of the polishes.  Get ready for some glitter!

 L to R in both pictures is Horde, Alliance, Murloc, Bad Ass Panda, and Spectral Tiger

                                            Horde                                                         Alliance
                                         Murloc                                                  Bad Ass Panda
                                   Spectral Tiger                                             Spectral Tiger Glow    

This is two coats of each polish, so Horde Alliance and Murloc can be worn alone, while Bad Ass Panda and Spectral Tiger need to be layered.  For WoW players, these polishes are all part of the game and the colors are very accurate, while to non players, they're awesome glittery polishes.  Everyone wins!  Also, Missi asked which side of the game I was on (Allience or Horde), and sent a  super cute nail polish necklace she made with the corresponding polish.  In my case it was Horde and I LOVE it.  My boyfriend thought it was really cool too!


When I got the collection, I  was most excited about Spectral Tiger because it GLOWS IN THE DARK, so naturally I had to try it first!  This post is pretty picture heavy, so click the jump to see all the pretty.



Spectral Tiger is a clear base with different sizes of blie, light blue, and iridescent hexes and holo micro glitter.  This polish also glows in the dark, which is not only awesome, but it really mimics the Spectral Tiger mount in the game.


For this mani, I started with 1 coat of China Glaze Re-Fresh Mint, then stamped the most tiger-looking stripes I had with China Glaze Cheers To You and Cheeky Plate CH2, then used two coats of Spectral Tiger. All I needed was 1 coat of Gelous and 1 coat of a regular topcoat and the mani was perfectly smooth.

Re-Fresh Mint, Spectral Tiger, Cheers To You

The finished effect was really pretty and glowy thanks to the iridescent glitter, and it looked even better in the dark! I didn't really even have to "charge" my nails and the glow was really strong and lasted forever!  For some reason, I couldn't get my camera to capture the glow on my nails or in the bottle, but for some reason the I was able to get the swatch on the nail wheel.  Picky Camera!

                                   Re-Fresh Mint                                                          Macro

                                    Stamping                                                                 Macro

                                 White Light                                                             Flash

                               Middle Finger                                                         Thumb

I am in love with all these polishes from Different Dimensions, each one is unique, gorgeous, and applies wonderfully even though they're glitters.  I'm sorry that this collection isn't available anymore, but Missi has a bunch of other amazing polishes and necklaces and cuticle care on Etsy for you to drool over.  

And Finally, I will leave you all with a picture of my character in WoW (because I look really cool) and a picture of Tifa and Cloud (because they finally love each other enough to nap together)

Level 90 Mage :):):):):):)

The Cloud and The Tifa <3

XO
Gina


No comments:

Post a Comment