Sunday, October 7, 2012

Laser Tape Manicure with China Glaze Neons

Hi Everyone!

I suppose it's officially fall, since here in Colorado we had our first snow on Friday and it's been cold and drizzly ever since.  Ugh. I love fall in the sense of deep polish colors, warm candles, and hot chocolate, but I could really do without the crappy weather.  I guess I can't have everything, haha.

Even though fall is in full swing, today's manicure is definitely more summery.  I finally decided to try the Laser Tape Manicure that's been all over the blogs, and honestly it's a really easy technique for such a cool result.  For this manicure I decided to do a "warm" hand and a "cool" hand.

For the right hand I used CG;
Love's A Beach
Orange You Hot?
Flirty Tankini
Beach Cruse-r
Shocking Pink (Thumb, not pictured)

And for the left hand I used CG;
Splish Splash
I'm With the Lifeguard
Turned Up Turquoise
Sun-Kissed
In The Limelight (Thumb, not pictured)

Honestly, I'm not sure why I didn't take pictures of my thumb nails, but it's too late now!  All the colors are from the China Glaze Summer Neons collection except Shocking Pink, Turned Up Turquoise, and In The Limelight.  Those three colors can be found at Sally's as part of their core line.

For each hand I used a regular base coat and two coats of color, and once coat of a fast dry topcoat.  Once everything was completely dry, I placed 4 pieces of striping tape on each nail at different angles, then painted over with one coat of china Glaze Liquid Leather.  Then I quickly and carefully pulled off the striping tape in reverse order of how I placed it.  In order to remember the order of each strip, I taped, painted, and pulled each nail one at a time.  Finally, I let the polish dry for about a minute before adding a no chip topcoat so as not to smear the black too much.

RT Hand - White Light
Index to Pinky - Love's A Beach, Orange You Hot?, Flirty Tankini, Beach Cruse-r

RT Index - Macro - White Light
Love's A Beach

RT Middle - Macro - White Light
Orange You Hot?

LT Hand - White Light
Index to Pinky - Slpish Splash, I'm With The Lifeguard, Turned Up Turquoise, Sun-Kissed

I really loved this manicure, especially how bright the neon colors were against the black!  Some of the lines didn't turn out a clean as others, but I'm sure it will get better with more practice!

And now for the cats.  They have been some sleepy little stinkers lately.  They're comfortable with each other now so they play and wrestle all day, so then they just zonk out.  Here's Tifa sleeping in the corner with her face smashed into the ground.  I'm telling you, she sleeps in the weirdest ways!


Thanks for reading!

XO
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment