Thursday, July 19, 2012

China Glaze Summer Neons + Fimo

Hey Everyone!
Today I have an interesting post for you.  I finally got the China Glaze Summer Neons, and I was so excited that I couldn't settle on one color.  So what I ended up doing was Painting my right hand with I'm with the Lifeguard and Love's a Beach as the accent nail and then vice versa on my left hand.  They both applied really well; creamy but not streaky, two coats coverage, and bright enough to use without white undies.  The photos below are show with two lovely coats.

White Light

Flash

Then I decided to try out the Fimo canes I ordered.  Now, I've never worked with Fimo before so this attempt ended up a little messy.  I bought my Fimo in bulk in cane form, and I'm still not very good at slicing so the pieces were a little thicker than they should have been.  Also, I did what I normally do when applying rhinestones and just used top cot as adhesive, but I really should have used nail glue.  Well, at least I know for next time.

White Light

Flash

Macro - Flash - Love's a Beach

Macro - Flash - I'm With the Lifeguard

Aaaaaaaaand, making an unusual appearance is my left hand, which tends to break more and just generally not look as nice as my right hand.  However, it's been looking better lately and I wanted to show the reverse color scheme.

Flash

So, there you have it.  Neon and Fimo: a very summery combination if I do say so myself!
Thanks for reading!

XO
Gina

No comments:

Post a Comment